Thursday, September 8, 2011

The things we view as triumphs

I have been having a bad day. I stepped on the scale this morning and I was up... UP!!! I was so defeated and angry with myself. Even though I know it isn't me. I am sticking to the diet, I am taking the supplements. and I am not losing... just because of that stupid desert on my birthday. Or so I thought! I received some bad news on the way to HM this afternoon, and I broke down. I told her that I am struggling (not with cravings, or overeating) but struggling with the fact that I cannot binge eat when I am having a bad day.

I said I felt like I wasn't losing fast enough and wasn't seeing results. The more I work at it the less I lose. I walked 15km the other day and I didn't lose anything. I walked 9 yesterday and my scale said I gained.

She told me to get up on the scale, and see where we were at. I step on the scale, prepared for a giant number, and low and behold... the number was 1.8 pounds less than when I went there on Tuesday. YES!!!! So she told me to stop obsessing so much about the scale. What matters is what I am weighing on their scale.

I felt reassurance and I feel much better. I am going to abstain from weighing myself tomorrow and Saturday, and see what happens when I go back on Saturday. I am back to where I was weight wise before my birthday adventure. You better believe there will not be anymore deserts in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment