Sunday, September 25, 2011

The dreaded Shelf Gut...

if you aren't a mother, you probably don't know what the "shelf gut" is... It is where your belly juts out above your crotch. It is worse when you have a c-section, which I did. My belly juts out just above my section scar. It is something that I absolutely am ashamed of on my body, and I am so envious of the mothers that bounced back after giving birth.

I am so scared it wont go away, and I will have a fat flap, not unlike the one that Adam Sandler had in the movie "Click". Can it go away? I know there are exercises I can do to tone, but how can you tone skin?

I know that drinking lots of water helps with your skin elasticity. Drinking water is something that I always hated, but I am getting more than my recommended intake every day.

I will do whatever I have to to make that thing go away... I would love to avoid surgery, but one day I would love to have a breast lift. Wouldn't it be nice to have a skinny body, and boobs that stood high as they did when I was 18 LOL! One can dream. Maybe when I am done having kids, that is something I will look into.

I really cannot stop staring at my side profile. Every time I walk by the mirror, I turn to the side, because I cannot believe how my body is changing. 13 lbs doesn't seem like a lot, but it really is in the grand scheme of things. I try to imagine how my body will look when I reach my goal. I don't even remember what 140 looks like on me! What size will my clothes be? What size will my ass be? HAHA! I am becoming so vain LOL, but I will not change who I am for anyone.

I watched this show that was on FOX many years ago called "The Swan", The ladies went on there, and received plastic surgery so they would no longer have "imperfections". I read that the majority of the ladies that were on that show, and got the transformations went home, and were completely different people and most of their relationships broke up. They felt they no longer had to settle for the spouse they had, because they were skinny, and beautiful.

I can't imagine losing all this weight and then becoming an asshole to those I love. It won't happen. I have heard it from a couple people that this may happen. I am changing my body, not my mind LOL.

Sorry if this post seems kind of all over the place. It makes sense in my head. I SWEAR!! HAHA

Oh well, tomorrow is HM day. Think thin!! Think thin!!

2 comments:

  1. I know girls who have lost weight and then turned into completely different people, in a bad way! But if you truly love people you won't change towards them.
    and p.s you are not vain, you have this neat thing called confidence :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that show.... haha I loved it :P

    ReplyDelete