Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Obsession!!

 I am becoming obsessed with the number on the scale. I weigh myself so many times a day, which makes me want to cry when I don't see the number that I want.

So I weigh myself after my morning pee, because that is the lightest I will be all day. I weigh myself 10 minutes later when I ... #2. WTF the number goes up!! lol I weigh myself after breakfast, lunch, dinner and before I go to bed.

How do I get past this obsession? I cut out the weighs after the meals, so just when I get up, and when I go to bed. I look at the number before bed as the most I will be all day, and seeing it be below 220 every night makes me feel awesome. Sets me up for the next day, knowing that it will be much less. But am I allowing my body to be fully at rest, in order to recuperate? So my challenge for the next few days (or the rest of my journey) is to write something in my blog or journal, something that I did awesome that day... instead of weighing myself. I won't weigh myself before bed, and will only weigh myself the days that I do not go into HM.

L at HM today told me she is proud of my accomplishments so far. That made me feel great and important. Like someone cares about this journey I am on.

I was disheartened to step on the scale this morning and the number went up slightly. Why? I ate very well yesterday, I did my exercise... although I didn't do my biggest loser workout, because I was exhausted. I don't consider this a bad thing, but I hate the feeling I have when I wake up and haven't lost. It makes me feel like I am failing... like I wont make my goal.

Is that silly?

3 comments:

  1. Stop stepping on the scale!!! They say its healthy to weigh in every week at the most. You are going to drive yourself crazy... not good for anyone! |Our weight fluctuates daily due to a lot of things... water retention, carbs, sugars, not getting enough calories...

    You somehow, and i know it will be hard, figure out a way to get off the scale... maybe get rid of it for a while and just weigh in at HM. I cannot see what you are doing to yourself as a good thing right now.

    Hope i'm not sounding like a (fill in the blank, lol) I worry and am trying to help a little :)

    You can always give me a call (dont worry, I can still chat even on my bad days, lol) or FB me if you need that extra support. I do know what its like when the scale is being stubborn!

    You can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I'm the same way. I ended up taking the battery out of the scale and giving it to Adrian. They say a womans body can flucuate as much as 10lbs in one day. It's hard but you have to just ignore it and thenw hen u see the number youwant it will just mean so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I am having such a rough time with it. I feel like I am not making progress. I wake up and think wow I feel skinnier, then I step on the scale, and I am up. WTF!!!

    ReplyDelete