Thursday, September 1, 2011

First step to a NEW ME!!!

First of all, I have to apologize for my lack of proper writing skills. I am a musician, not a writer. My name is Linda, and I have a 3 year old son named Caiden. We live in BC, on Vancouver Island.

In September 2010, I started my first weight loss journey. I weighed about 238lbs and I could not even look myself in the mirror. I started eating better, cut out pop and ate less cheese and chocolate. I walked and worked out daily, and by March 2011, I had lost 37 lbs.

I hadn't felt so good in a long time. 6 years ago I had a huge tragedy in my life when my husband of just under 2 years was killed in a helicopter accident. After he died, I couldn't eat... or sleep. I lost 42 lbs then. I gained it all back and then some over the next few years. I had a baby, and my weight sky rocketed. 238lbs is the heaviest I have ever been!

So in March, things were really bad in my family, we hit a rough patch financially, and were unable to make ends meet. This meant lots of crap food because it is cheaper and easy to make (when you are too stressed to cook). and so began the steady incline of my numbers on the scale... yet again.

Last week, I was standing in the bathroom staring at my face in the mirror, and I said to my reflection "You are disgusting". This may sound sad to you, and I can safely say that I am ashamed at how bad I have let my body become.

I called Herbal Magic and made an appointment for a consultation. The program is amazing, and the ladies in Nanaimo are so awesome and very supportive. I have stuck to the diet (Which is sooooo incredibly hard) and I take 16 herbal supplements a day. I have to weigh myself every morning which feels like so much pressure. I went up slightly the day before yesterday, and I felt like crying.

Wednesday (yesterday) was my 10th day there and I have lost 5.2 lbs and 6.5 inches off my entire body. I am steadily seeing the numbers go down on the scale, and I am more determined than every to see my end number of 140lbs. The date they estimated for me to complete my weight loss is June 12/12. That doesn't even seem like a long time away.

I want to have this blog as a way to get my triumphs and my frustrations out of my head. I want to be an inspiration for my son, and my family and friends, and for anyone else who has ever felt like they were disgusting and had trouble making it happen.

Starting weight: 223.8
Small goal: 185
Final goal: 140
Current weight: 218.6
Weight lost: 5.2lbs
Inches lost: 6.5


I CAN DO IT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment