Friday, October 7, 2011

My first two NSV!!!

For those who don't know what this it, it is a non-scale victory. and I have had my first two.

1. When my husband died, I wore my wedding rings until I lost 40 lbs and they would fall off (this happened at about 3 months after he died). So I put them away for safe keeping. Then time passed and I just never put them on. I tried them on a while ago, and couldn't even fit the three bands on my ring finger which they were sized for.

I was at my friend Sabrinas last week, and she asked me if I ever wore them, and I said no. Then she said why don't you wear them on the other hand. Which was never a possibility, because my ring finger on my right hand is effing huge... like 2 sizes bigger.

So today I put them on, and I can fit 2 of the 3 bands on my right hand. It feels great to be able to wear that symbol of the life I once had. I hope to be able to wear all three bands by what would have been our 8th anniversary (Oct 25th).

2. I did a little impromptu fashion show this morning when I decided to try on some pants that I had been hoarding for just over 4 years. Every pair fit, except for one which I knew it wouldn't. They are all loose!!! So I went through all of my pants, and got rid of 2/3 of them. What an awesome pick me up to be able to pull down pants that 1 month ago were tight without undoing the button. I also tried on a dress I wore to my friends wedding in 2006, and got a yowza from Scott and a holy shit from myself. I think I look better in it today, than I did in 2006. Then I tried on a dress I wore to a wedding in 2005, and omg I look amazing.

I cant imagine how small I will get, because I have no reference... I don't even remember being 140.

I kept one pair of pants, so I can go on those commercials and be like "These are my old pants, and these are my new pants... see you can fit 2 of me in the old pants!!" HAHA

Off to do a gym and swim today. I am going to exhaust myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment