Friday, October 21, 2011

A funny thing happened to me today...

I woke up this morning just down on myself, upset with my body and the way it has betrayed me. I was bawling right up until packing up Caiden to go have a sleep over at Bama's (my moms). Scott told me I am beautiful no matter what happens with my body, and he and Caiden love me to the stars and back, and that is all that matters.

Yes it matters that they love me... but it also matters that I love myself. Which I didn't this morning. So I got Caiden ready to go, and got in the car and headed to my moms. I dropped off Caiden and then headed to the gym. This is when the funny thing happened, and I believe I got my mojo back. All the inspiration in the world came from a song...

Called "Believe"
One minute's fading
One minute's past
But I've got this moment
To make it all last
I'm standing before you
Taking my chance on
Everything I never thought that I could be
Cause you can do almost anything

If you just believe
You can move mountains with dreams
The higher you climb
The better it gets
Cause you will see things
You'll never forget
If you just believe



It's like I'm falling through my own fears
They used to haunt me, but now they're not here
There's no looking back, my future is clear
No giving up
And I'm holding on when it gets rough
Cause you can get through most anything

If you just believe
You can move mountains with dreams
The higher you climb
The better it gets
Cause you will see things
You'll never forget
If you just believe

No one says it's easy
And no one says you have to be perfect
But as long as you try
You're always gonna find
It was worth it




If you just believe
You can move mountains with dreams
The higher you climb
The better it gets
Cause you will see things
You'll never forget
If you just believe
You can move mountains with dreams
If you just believe
You can move mountains with dreams



(This part especially)




I just kept playing it as loud as I could in the car over and over, and I could feel myself getting pumped up again. So bring it on, I am ready for it, and over the hurdle of the last week.


I finally got to HM and I saw Scott... why is Scott here? He left for work an hour ago. He had a surprise for me. A dozen red roses for me... just because he thought I needed a little pick me up. It worked, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have him in my life.


I was stuck at 208.6 for a week... and today I weighed in... and was DOWN! BOOYAH!


So here are my stats now:



Starting weight: 223.8
Small goal: 185
Final goal: 140
Current weight: 207.2
Weight lost: 16.8 lbs
Inches lost: 18.25

I just got back from the aquatic center, where I did a gym and swim. I did 50 laps of the pool with 10 laps of just using my arms, and 10 of just using my legs, and I had to tred water while they were changing the pools for 28 minutes... without even losing my breath. I could never have done that 2 months ago. I love the change that is going on in my body.

So I may lose my mojo again.... but for now it is here and I will do my best to keep it happy so it doesn't leave me again. I can do it.

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. great job Linda!

    You should post a new pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katy about the picture!!
    And yay for getting your mojo back :)

    ReplyDelete